Work Permits

Work Permit Authorizations may be signed at Hazel Park High School during the summer except for the month of July. In July, permits are signed at Ford Administration Central Office.

WORK PERMIT LINK (Both pages need to be printed out)

Minors under the age of 18 cannot be employed or permitted to work, with or without pay, or volunteer until the person, company, business, firm, or corporation proposing to employ the minor obtains and keeps on file at the minor's place of employment (work location) a current and valid age and color appropriate work permit, which has been issued by a state of Michigan issuing officer of the school district, intermediate school district, public school academy or nonpublic school prior to starting work.

Compulsory School Attendance "...The law in Michigan governing compulsory attendance requires a parent, legal guardian, or other person having control or charge of a child...who was age eleven before that date and entered grade 6th in 2009 or later shall attend school from age six to eighteen..."

Whether the minor is:  

  • homeschool
  • cyber school
  • virtual school
  • online school,
  • obtaining G.E.D.
  • out-of-state resident
  • not attending school

Minors under the age of 18 are required to have a work permit prior to starting work.