Bullying Prevention Hotline - Report Bullying Online
The Hazel Park School School Community works hard every day to ensure students accelerate their academic achievement in a safe and supportive learning environment. The safety and well-being of our students is a top priority. We are continually engaged in proactive, innovative, and educationally sound strategies to prevent bullying.
We believe in the importance of feedback from parents and the Hazel Park community on issues related to bullying in our schools. To support this, over the years, we have held a series of meetings to hear parent and community concerns and gather productive ideas around the topic of bullying in our schools. The meetings were well-attended and yielded valuable information about concerns and possible actions. Staff members from Hazel Park Junior High and Hazel Park High School also had an opportunity to reflect on parent and community concerns and give feedback. Click here (Bullying Concerns and Solutions Summary) to read a summary of the feedback from these meetings
To support our efforts to eliminate bullying in our schools, a number of immediate actions have been taken:
- Bullying Prevention Hotline (direct link to Superintendent Kruppe) posted on Hazel Park School website
- OK2Say presentations in grades K-12
- OK2Say link posted on the Hazel Park School website
- Staff training and resources on the bullying procedures and restorative practices
- Ruler training; an evidence-based approach for integrating social and emotional learning into schools.
- Data collection and analysis of behavioral incidence in our schools
- Development of school-based bullying procedures (see below)
Future actions will focus on the following:
- Development of Parent/Community Committee
- Deepen our learning and work around restorative practices
- Engage in comprehensive PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Support) training and implementation through the MIBLSI grant
- Implementation of the RULER approach
While we strongly encourage you and your child to report instances of bullying to administrators and staff at school, we also understand that families and students may feel more comfortable reporting the incident through the hotline. The hotline can be accessed by clicking the link below or on the main page of the website. It is essential that all instances of bullying are reported are treated with the utmost seriousness.