Viking Virtual Academy
Welcome to K-12 Viking Virtual Academy!
K-12 Viking Virtual
Viking Virtual Academy offers equitable access to high-quality, 100% online instruction to students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. The virtual environment provides an alternative learning pathway for our students and families, offers a learning experience that blends flexibility with structure, and access to core content and electives courses aligned to the Michigan Academic Standards.
Vision, Mission, and Beliefs
The Hazel Park School District is guided by the following vision, mission statement, and beliefs. Although the transition to remote teaching and learning may look different than the usual face to face instruction, the ideals and beliefs guided the development of the Continuity of Learning Plan:
Hazel Park School District Vision
Inspire and empower all learners.
Hazel Park School District Mission Statement
The Hazel Park School District in collaboration with all stakeholders prepares and supports students for the future.
- The school district supports the social, emotional, physical, and academic needs of each child in a caring, healthy, and safe environment.
- All students have the ability to learn.
- A culture that celebrates diversity and promotes equity.
- Student achievement and social-emotional learning are at the core of every decision.
- Students are successful when staff, families, and community are engaged and support learning.
- A research-based curriculum, aligned with state standards is the foundation for high-quality instruction.
- Student-driven learning environments foster self-efficacy and individual ownership of learning.
- Student success is fostered and supported through multiple pathways toward graduation.