About Webster ECC
Introducing Webster Early Childhood Center
Hazel Park Schools' Webster Early Childhood Center (Webster ECC) is a high-quality early childhood center servicing children ages birth to four and is FREE to families who qualify.
The Hazel Park School District offers preschool for children ages three to four years old and special education services for children ages birth to four at Webster Early Childhood Center. Our building is the home to Hazel Park Schools’ State of Michigan grant funded Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP), Early Childhood Special Education program (ECSE), Early On program and Preschool Academy, our tuition-based program.
Webster ECC is fortunate to host the Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency (OLHSA) federally funded Head Start program which offers early learning for children ages birth to four years old. All enrollment, supervision of, and questions for Early Head Start and Head Start programs are referred to OLHSA.
Points of Pride
- Nurturing, Experienced and Innovative Professional Teachers
- Field Trips
- Family FUN Events
- Age Appropriate Technology Choices
- Outdoor Learning Spaces - Courtyards, Playground, Field, Learning Garden
- We are ALL LEARNERS at Webster ECC - Parent and Staff Education Opportunities
Hazel Park Schools Webster Early Childhood Center has proudly partnered with a number of community organizations, including:
- Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency (OLHSA)
- Oakland Schools
- The Hazel Park Memorial District Library
- The Great Start Collaborative Oakland County
- Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children Southeastern Chapter
- The Lions Club District 11A-2
- Dentist R Us
Webster Early Childhood Center Philosophy
- Children learn best in a safe, orderly, and healthy environment. We create predictable routines, develop plans based on our children’s interests and developmental levels, arrange the classroom environment to engage and support children’s active exploration, and support children’s physical, emotional and cognitive growth.
- Families are children’s first and most influential teachers. we invite family participation in all aspects of our programming and welcome families to visit our classrooms, participate in activities, share their family customs, assess our program, provide input into program policies, and participate in their child’s education at home and in the classroom.
- It is our responsibility to prepare children for success in school and life. We choose to implement the Creative Curriculum and use Teaching Strategies Gold as our child assessment tool. Both the chosen curriculum and the chosen assessment tool are aligned to Common Core Standards for Kindergarten and when implemented with fidelity, prepare children for success.
- One of life’s greatest strengths and a great gift to children is the ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts respectfully. We see conflict and frustration as teaching opportunities and support children as they work to gain the skills necessary to meet life challenges.
- Value lifelong learning. We provide opportunities for parents and staff to learn together, provide for continuous and meaningful staff professional development, and take great joy in learning from and with our children.
- Children, families and the community of Hazel Park and neighboring counties deserve the very best early childhood program we can offer. We invite staff, families and community stakeholders to join us in program assessment and planning as we strive for excellence.
State of Michigan Child Care Licensing
The program licensing notebook is available on-site for parental inspection. Also, it can be accessed at the State of Michigan Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
The Webster Early Childhood Center licensing notebook includes all licensing inspection reports, special investigation reports and all related corrective action plans (CAP) since May 2010. The notebook is available to parents during regular business hours. Licensing inspection and special investigation reports from at least the past two years are also available on the child care licensing website.