River Day is coming – June 10th, 2017!
River Day is designed to encourage appreciation and recreational use of the waterways of the Clinton River and Lake St. Clair, and to celebrate the leadership of local citizens, organizations, and communities whose efforts are critical to protecting and enhancing the overall quality of the Clinton River watershed.
If you are interested in coordinating an event and are wondering what you could do. Here are some suggested activities that are always popular amongst participants.
• Nature hike: Hike your local nature center, nature preserve or state park and discover the local beauty of your area.
• Bike rides: Take your bikes along the many trail systems of the Clinton River Watershed i.e. Clinton River Trail, Polly Ann Trail, Paint Creek Trail and many more.
• Restoration projects: Lend a hand in a restoration project taking place in the watershed. Contact CRWC if interested
• Picnics: Pack some lunches and enjoy the local beauty of our watershed at your local municipal, state or county parks
• Canoe trips: Plan an afternoon outing while floating along the Clinton River or its tributaries
• Native plantings: Contact CRWC if interested
• Art contests
• Kids Games
• Fishing lessons: Share the knowledge of angling to those less experienced at a local waterway.
• Storm Drain Stenciling: Stencil a message next to a street drain to remind people “Dump no Waste – Drains to River”. Contact CRWC for materials and more information.
• Riverside Cleanups: Know of an area near a river that could use a little cleanup? Organize a group effort to keep our riversides clean.
• Park Cleanups: Lend a hand to your local municipal park and clean up any trash that may be lying around.
• Water Treatment Plant Tours: Tour your local Water Treatment Facility and get an inside look at how the plant works.
For More Information Click on the Links Below: