Dear Parents, Students, and Community Members,
Let me be the first to welcome you to Hazel Park Schools!
Our dedicated teachers and staff serve more than 3,500 students in 12 schools throughout Hazel Park and Ferndale each year. We are fortunate to receive incredible support from parents, grandparents, churches, civic groups, and local businesses as we work together to prepare students for the future.
We welcome students from all backgrounds, as we strive to inspire and empower all learners to achieve excellence through a variety of scholastic opportunities and extracurricular activities. For example, in just the last few years, our robotics team competed nationally, an art student received the National Gold Key Award at Carnegie Hall, one school raised $5,000 for a peer-to-peer program, and several of our athletes were named All-State! Last year alone our students achieved over 3.6 million dollars in scholarships.
It is evident that we support a collaborative and well-rounded education for all students. We have seven fundamental beliefs we adhere to that are outlined in our strategic plan, Focusing on the Future. We believe:
- The school district supports the social, emotional, physical, and academic needs of each child.
- A caring, healthy, safe, and respectful environment is provided for all.
- Student achievement is the core of every decision.
- All students have the ability to learn.
- All students, staff, and families are engaged and support learning.
- All stakeholders are provided high quality, research-based curriculum which is aligned with state standards.
- Kindness, respect, diversity, equity, and integrity are valued, taught, and modeled.
Unveiled in 2016 after an extensive year-long process, Focusing on the Future is centered on four primary implementation goals for the district: Climate and Culture, Curriculum and Instruction, Community Relations, and Resources.
To-date, Hazel Park has worked through many of these goals as we have implemented the following targets:
- K-12 redesigned curriculum
- Implementation of positive behavior support Systems
- Expanded communication and media plan
- Increased community involvement
I encourage you to explore each goal--as well as the rest of this website--to determine how you can help us be, “All in all the time.”
I welcome your involvement, and please reach out to my office with any input.
With Students in Mind,
Dr. Amy Kruppe
Hazel Park Schools